Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Lane is TWO

Two years ago this spitfire cam into this world! We were sitting at home ready for bed feeling good and all of the sudden I had super painful contractions come on! We had been going all day long celebrating Hunter's 2nd birthday out at dad and Dinah's for a swim party! I wasn't even sure I had time to shower the contractions were coming so fast! We called in family to come watch Hunter and headed to the hospital at about midnight. I'll never forget I was asking Jared what he thought... he was laying in bed half asleep and he said, "I don't know, google it!" haha! I wasn't quite sure what to google all I knew is that I went from no pain to a lot of pain in a matter of minutes! We got to the hospital and I was dialated to a 6-7. I labored for 2 hours and then all of the sudden we are being rushed back for an emergency c-section. Lane's heart rate was dropping rapidly. At 2:56 AM we had a beautiful healthy baby boy! I will never forget that moment!


At 2 years old, Lane is the most caring, loving, and wild little boy! He wakes up in the morning ready to "pay" (play)! We had to recently put a padlock on the door to our garage because he would go outside, open the garage door, and just start playing by himself outside! He runs constantly and is ALWAYS on the go. I try to refrain from taking him out to eat because getting him to sit that long is nearly impossible! We have often had to chase him in public places! Walmart is also disastrous! He refuses to sit in the cart and wants to push it the whole time. So we usually put Hunter in the cart and let Lane push. I don't dare make Lane mad in public because he has a set of lungs! Yes he has thrown fits and we've spanked but it doesn't always help. He has been a screamer since he found his voice at about 1 year old!

Lane is also the most loving little boy! He never wants to see anyone hurt or upset. A few days ago I was upset and shed a few tears and Lane was so worried. I think he gave me about 20 kisses! I love his sympathetic side! Anytime he's eating something and I ask for a bite he is so willing to share. He usually asks "good?" when I'm done and then offers to share his drink too, haha. He has always been my cuddle bug! He will sit and let me hold him with his head on my shoulder for a long time! He still loves to be rocked. Even though we broke him of the rocking this past winter we are back at it just because he loves it and honestly so does mom. He doesn't usually use it to fall asleep we still put him to bed awake and he will say "night night ma". I know one day soon he won't want rocked, so for now I'm enjoying every minute!

At 2 years old Lane is 37 inches tall and 30 pounds. He's tall and skinny! He's still got that blonde hair too! He wears size 7.5 shoe and 2T pants and some 2T some 3T shirts depending on the brand usually. His favorite things include riding the gator (which he has figured out how to do on his own in no time), play with Hunter, drink juice (he's an addict), he loves babies, he loves to just be doing anything outside really! He's not into technology near as much as Hunter... he would rather go to their rooms and play with cars, trucks, or watch paw patrol!

We are about to re-do his room and get rid of the crib... I'm so dreading this, haha! He is a wonderful sleeper. He takes 3 hour afternoon naps and sleeps 11-12 hours at night.He has been sleeping this long since he was 5 weeks old. My kids sure do love their sleep! He is talking so much more these days too! I love it! He might not be easily understood by some but I'm picking up on everything he is saying. He is getting better everyday!

I can't wait to see the boy Lane grows up to be! He's already proving to be very driven and compassionate.  We hope you grow up to be a God loving little boy! We love you so much Lane! You're spunky and cute! I love that when I say to him, "love you Lane" he says "love you more"! It melts my heart! Happy Birthday buddy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment