Friday, July 8, 2011

4th of July weekend

We had a crazy busy weekend! On Friday I wanted to surprise Jared with a trip to St. Louis just the two of us. He found out the week before so he could get off early on Friday. So we were off! We headed to St. Louis and checkin into our hotel, which was so nice and modern btw... Then we decided to check out the St. Louis Mills Mall since we had both never been there. It was really.. BIG! I never realized how large that mall is until I went in it and kept walking and walking and walking! I stopped at the first girl store I saw which was Old Navy while Jared stopped into Cabelas. If I had known there were so many stores I wouldn't have spent so much time and money at Old Navy. Oh well, I got some cute stuff. We were there for a few hours and then decided to go out to eat. At this time it was like 9 and we were really hungry so we decided to go to the first place we saw. We ate and headed back to our hotel for the nigiht. Saturday we got up early and went to the Zoo. It was sooooooo hot that day! I was actually rather glad that we made it through the zoo in 3-4 hours because it was just to hot to sit around and look at any more animals. We did have fun though, good couple time :)







When we got back I went to work and then we went to a friends for a cookout. The next day we went to church, then headed out to my dads for a cookout and swim party. We were there all afternoon until about 6 and then we headed to our next cook out. This was Steve's house, a friend of both of ours. We watched fire works there and had a good time.

Monday, another busy day! We were so exhausted from the already busy weekend that we went to bed at 11 the night before and woke up at 11 on Monday! I couldn't believe it! I hate sleeping in that late, I would much rather be cleaning or doing laundry to get that kind of stuff done on my day off, oh well. So we got up, hurried up and got ready, and had to be at his grandmas at noon for lunch. We got there and ate cheesburgers and stayed for a few hours to hang out. Then we headed back home for an hour or so before heading to our next festivity! We were debating on having people over to our house to watch the fireworks since we live so close to the park, but his dad invited us over to Dieterich for lemon shake ups and pork burgers. The lemon shake up did it for me! So we went over at about 430 and played cards for awhile and then headed over to the park in Dieterich. I have always thought Effingham did a good job of puttin on a great fireworks show so I didn't think Dieterichs would compare but they weren't bad actually! They were slow to start, few and far between, but they picked up and seemed like they had 4 finales, which are my favorite anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment