Thursday, June 30, 2011

God's Plan, Not Mine

Are you a planner? I am! People used to make fun of me because I had our wedding planned out last summer! Hey, you can't blame me for wanting to get it done before my last year at EIU...
Well lately, I have been stressing out thinking about this upcoming school year. I am not enrolled in classes (becuase I graduated). So, I am in need of a job. I just wish I knew what God's plan was for me in all of this. I know I did the right thing by going to school to be a teacher. I love everything about teaching and looked forward to everyday I got to see my kiddos. Sometimes I think I know what God has in store for my future, and then it doesn't hold out. I had thought that I had a pretty good chance at getting a teaching job at Effingham. I was in close contact with the person who hires, and then the week they posted the job, she had a baby. SO, needless to say, she couldn't get me "in" when I needed to be. That was really frustrating. So, I brought my resume and things over to their board office anyways, thinking that with my last name being Nuelle they might remember me and give me a look anyways. I never heard anything back from them :( This is REALLY frustrating! I can't get an interview in my own hometown??? I was questioning God asking why I didn't even get an interview. I was mad that I didn't get a call, or a job, there were 3! Everyone says teaching jobs are so hard to find, when one was placed right in front of me, I didn't get a chance to interview for it, UHH!

Well I kind of let that roll off my shoulders and then I had in my head that I wasn't going to waste anymore money applying for jobs because schools only hire either 1. substitues teachers, or 2. PEOPLE THEY KNOW. So I quit sending out my stuff because I don't know anyone from any other schools.
About a week later, I heard a local school was hiring and brought in my stuff. The principal happened to be there that day and I talked to him for 20 minutes. He said he wanted to interview me and he would call me this week to set it up. I have been waiting by the phone since Monday morning at 8am. It's Thursday and it's almost 2pm. I haven't heard back. I'm trying to trust that God knows what is in store for my future, but it's SO hard when I just want this interview so badly. I can't help but hope that is what God wants for me to. So, we'll see.
I'm trusting Him and want His plan for my life anyways, not my plan. Whatever that may be, I pray I am content with it. :)


Dear God,
I'm a planner and I would like to know if I am going to be teaching a class next fall. Please let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment