Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Little Piggy

My son is seriously such a little piggy! I can't get over how much he loves food! I swear he eats more than we do! I had said awhile ago that he is eating 4-5 ice cubes of food that I make... well that is grown since then. For dinner he is up to about 8-9 ice cubes! Last night he had 4 cubes of green beans and 5 cubes of bannana/pineapple.. and then he had some peach cobbler, haha. I love it when he is getting ready to eat because he gets so excited! His little feet start kicking and the arms start wavin! He literally is like a little fat kid getting excited about food, except he's a baby, lol. He also is starting to get a little temper! We went out to eat the other night and I was trying to multi-task at feeding and talking. Well, he would yell at me everytime I wasn't going fast enough, haha. It was getting a little loud so I had to put my conversation on hold and finish feeding fat boy. I take him back to the doctor on Friday to re-check his ears so I'm excited to see what he weighs! Last time I took him in for his ears he was another inch longer at 29"! I love our growing boy! I can't believe he is almost 8 months old! I'm going to run to the store today and get him some finger foods so he can start practicing feeding himself! I don't think he will have any problem with learning this new trick since EVERYTHING goes in his mouth. I think he will like the puffs since they dissolve and we still only have one tooth.

I had switched him to our BRITA pitcher awhile back and I'm not sure why I didn't do it earlier because he hasn't seemed to notice. I have been thinking I might start introducing whole milk to him. He still gets 4 bottles a day so I'm not sure if that is a lot for his age or not, but I've been reading online where people start introducing the whole milke at 8-9 months so that they are fully on it by the time they are 11-12 months old. The only problem with this is that the whole milk will be cold and I don't really want to start the habbit of heating it. We do room temp. bottles and it is sooooooo convienent! Maybe I will ask his doctor on Friday what she thinks!

Baby boy after bath was crying so hard for his bottle... such a big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment