Saturday, February 9, 2013

San Diego Half Marathon

I am not a runner. I do not enjoy running.... why am I running a half marathon?!

I am going on a little mini vacation with my mom and sisters in May to San Diego. While we are there our mom decided to run the San Diego marathon. Well my sisters got the bright idea to train for the half... I couldn't be the only one going that didn't run so pretty much felt obligated to do it as well. Even though I despise running, I started training for it last week. I needed a little boost and motivation to lose some weight so why not?! I do not plan on running the whole thing.. there is just no way. I am so out of shape! Right now I am trying running 3 minutes and walking 2 on the treadmill... I will probably stick with that training schedule for the next 16 weeks unless it just all of the sudden gets easier for me and I can run a few miles...I doubt it though. I'm telling you, I'm really out of shape! So, I don't expect my in shape skinny mini sisters to stick with me through this because I'm totally okay with them zooming past me and getting the best time they can! I not going to stress about it  (anymore) and just run walk it at my own pace and enjoy it! I am just doing this as something do to with my sisters, and to help me get healthy! I will be happy if I finish it in 3 hours.

I have started counting calories and hope to continue doing that until I can lose about 20-30 pounds. I just want to be healthy again. So, here goes nothing! Wish me luck :/

June 2nd is the big day

No comments:

Post a Comment