Friday, June 17, 2011

We're Married!

Well, the wedding is over and I'm so sorry I have been away from the blogging world for the last 10 weeks or so! It's been crazy! The wedding was wonderful, everything we hoped for. I can't describe how fast the day went! I wish I could rewind and do it all again, just so I can take in every moment! It started off by waking up early. I remember laying in bed at 5:00 awake. I thought for a second, is today the BIG day?! It didn't take me long to realize that indeed it was! I laid there until my alarm went off at 6:30. That was a very long hour and a half! I got up and showered, then headed to Side Street where all of my girls were meeting! I really wanted to text or call Jared, but I didn't. I wanted the first time we talked or saw each other to be when I walked down the aisle. After we all had our hair done we headed to the church to start getting ready. This part went a little slow, but it didn't take us long to get dressed and put makeup on. We played the waiting game for a bit, then we took pictures. I was so nervous that he was going to see me, or that his friends were going to tell him what I looked like... but they didn't! Before we saw eachother, we each had a little wedding day gift. He surprised me with a dozen red roses in my dressing room, he is so sweet :) He also had a single white rose for every bridesmaid, mother, and sister to us. Thats a lot of roses! I knew that Jason Aldean was playing at the Illinois State Fair this year, and I had wanted to get him tickets. So, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to give them to him... on our wedding day! I wrote out a little letter saying how much I love him and how we've been through a lot together and thats what makes our love so special. I used song titles from Jason Aldean's album to create this letter. It was pretty cute :) At the end I stated how we were going to the concert... It would have been a better surprise if he would have read the letter in chronological order, but no, he read the last line first! UHH! Oh well, he still liked it.

The ceremony was just perfect. I loved the music! That is something I do remember :) The grandparents and parents walked down to Big & Rich "Lost in This Moment" which was sung by Tyler Walls and played by Lindsay Sterchi. It was simply amazing :) Then our wedding party walked down to Canon in D played by Lindsay Sterchi. My song was Bryan Adams "Everything I Do" played by Lindsay again. Then we had Tyler sing again during the unity candle celebration. This was Keith Urban "Only You Could Love Me This Way" I really can't wait to get our wedding video so we can really see and listen to everything again! I think the live music made our day really special... it was the best!

The reception was very fun as well. My sisters gave awesome speeches, along with Matt and Luke as well. I cried and laughed...cried and laughed... they were all so good! Then my dad and I danced to Stephen Curtis Chapman's "Cinderella". The DJ played a messed up version at first, but he found the right one and we were able to continue dancing.. it was sweet :) Jared and his mom danced to "A Mother's Song"... I think she had a hard time giving up her baby boy. We are very lucky that we are able to live in the same town as our family though! I wouldn't change that for anything. I can't wait to have kids and they will be so close to their grandparents, yay free babysitting.. haha!

All in all our day was amazing, I could sit here and write about it for hours. It did rain, but we didn't let that bother us. We took advantage of it and got some awesome pictures.
We have been happily married for a month and 3 days now. We have been to Mexico and back already. It's been awesome! I love my husband!! :) and I love saying he's my husband.. haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment