Friday, April 6, 2012

28 week appointment

Today I had the dreaded 28 week appointment. Why was it dreaded you ask? Because I had to do the glucose test and  get blood drawn.. yuck. The glucose test was first. I drank a whole cup of orange flavored drink... the best way I can describe it is a very sweet, flat, orange soda. Then they make you wait an hour before getting blood drawn. So I saw Dr. Haller in the mean time.
My weight gain since last appointment was 5 pounds. My weight gain overall is 12 pounds, woo hoo! If I can just keep it to 4-5 every 4 weeks that would be awesome!
My blood pressure was 118/64 and baby's heart rate was 134. She said everything is in the normal range, yay.

I asked her about my stomach tightening and she said yep thats just Braxton Hicks contractions. I guess my body is gettin ready for the real deal in a few months!

I also asked her about my belly soreness and she said there is a ligament above my belly button that is gettin stretched and that's causin the pain, normal as well. My swelling was good today so she didn't get to see that. She wants to see me again in 3 weeks for our last sonogram! YAY! May 1st we'll get to hopefully see baby's face again :) She also said baby is head down right now, but that could change as he/she gets bigger.

Nothing else too exciting though. I'll get my glucose results next week. Crossin my fingers for a passed test!

No comments:

Post a Comment