Monday, April 23, 2012

Baby Shower

My family threw us an awesome baby shower this past weekend! Everything was so cute and perfect! Jen and Kate did a great job planning and organizing everything. There were lots of great friends and family who were able to make it! Jared and I were definitely feeling blessed, that's for sure. We got so many great gifts too; everyone was so generous! The theme of the shower was owls, just like our nursery. They went with pink and blue accent decor; it was adorable. Jen found super cute invites off ebay and they had matching stuff you could buy with it like balloons, table cloths, napkins, etc. She had a cute idea to use pink and blue buckets with plants in them as the center pieces which were also the gifts for the game winners.

We played the toilet paper game where they had to guess how many squares of tp it took to wrap around my belly. Any guesses?? We had guesses anywhere from 2-18! haha Now the guess of 2 was obviouslly a joke! My belly actually measured 11 squares. Not toooooo terribly big, haha. Although I am growing rather quickly! I cant believe we only have 10 weeks to go, or less hopefully! I finally feel like the baby could come and I would be prepared... mostly because we have a car seat and stuff now.

Jen and Kate came over last night to help me organize all of the gifts. It was fun! we made lots of piles: food, books, toys, clothes, towels, diapers, wipes, and more! We didn't get too many duplicates either. It's no big deal on the ones that we did since they were from wal-mart, we will just exchange them for either the high chair, the newborn rock and sleeper, the swing, and/or the walker. I do have another shower this Friday from the girls at work so we'll wait till after that to do exchanges. After that though, we should be set! Jen has a jumperoo and since we won't need it for many more months I'll prob. just try and buy hers when Carson is done with it in a few months if we don't get one of those!

I couldn't have asked for a better day! I appreciate all of the time and money and effort they put into it and all of the people who helped as well! We can't wait to see this baby! We have a sonogram a week from tomorrow and I'm SOO anxious to see if we can see it's face! I want to know if he/she has hair and chubby cheeks, haha :)

Here are a few pictures from the shower! I was so grateful my grandparents made the long trip from Georgia just to be a part of my shower!

lots of yummy food! 
Cute owl themed diaper cake made by Granny

Loads and loads of gifts!


My momma, sister Kate, me, sister Jen, and grandma Jackie

I'm sorry I didn't get pictures with other people! I gave my camera to my cousin to snap pictures during the shower and didn't even think to get some with others friends and family!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you!! Looks like it was an incredible day :) Can't wait to see pictures of Baby Yager!

    ReplyDelete