Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sweet boy

My boy is so sweet. I can't get enough of him! I could love on him all day long... but I don't want to spoil him too much ;) We are startin to get into a routine a little bit, although our nights are crazy and back to our busy schedule of going here and there and people coming and going. Jared and I have been blessed with a very good baby so far though! We know that Hunter will last 4 hours without having to eat at night, so we try to make his last feeding around 11, that way he'll get up around 2-3 and then not again till around 6-7. I'm so glad that Hunter sleeps well. We can just lay him in his rock and play sleeper awake and he'll fall asleep on his own. I love this. However, I know that if he stays like this, we will probably be spoiled and our next kid won't be like this I'm guessing. So, I'm going to just enjoy it while it lasts :)

He is starting to be awake more.. for the first week he was only awake for 15 minute time periods a few times a day. He is now usually awake from 7-9 a.m. and then another hour or 2 time period in the afternoon, and one more usually around 6-7ish. Other than that, he's still sleeping all day long. Today during his morning awake time I put him in his swing for the first time. He wasn't crying, but he wast just kinda restless, so I thought we'd try it out. I came back and found him like this...

At 11 days old, he finally lost his cord! YAY! This meant I could finally give him a bath. His hair gets so greasy since I play with it all the time, haha :) But here is a picture of him in his bath.. not minding it a bit!


We go back to the Dr. for his 2 week appointment tomorrow! I can't wait to see what he weighs :) I also can't believe its been 2 weeks already, dang its going fast and it already makes me sad to think he will grow up! I know a lot of people don't like the newborn stage, but I love sitting here holding my baby boy all day long! I know someday soon he won't be willing to let me hold him... So for now, I'll just enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - What a blessing :) He is absolutely adorable Randi!

    ReplyDelete