Thursday, November 8, 2012

A few bad nights to make you thankful

A night like last night sure makes me thankful for the wonderful nights of sleep I usually get! I wish these darn teeth would pop through! Hunter went down at 7:30 which was a bit early for him, but he was ready. To my surprise he was up at 12:30. I thought nothing much of it because after about 10-15 minutes of some hard butt patting he was back asleep. Then he woke up SCREAMING at 3, which never happens. I was afraid something was wrong... I tried patting his butt for about 10 minutes and when I noticed he wasn't falling back asleep, I got the tylonol out because I figured it was his teeth. He felt kind of warm to me, but I didn't take his temp. I got the tylonol in him at about 3:15 and he was still screaming at 3:30, so I got out the oragel and teething tablets. He finally fell back asleep. I thought for sure that would be it... I heard screaming again about 5. This time he was pretty awake, so I just went ahead and fed him. This is the earliest he's ever been fed. I didn't want him to think this is a new normal, so I laid him back down after his bottle to see what would happen and luckily he fell back asleep. So, it wasn't a pleasant night for me. I laid back down at 5:40 thinking I should just get up for the day... but I was just too tired. I fell right back asleep and slept right through my alarm at 6. I got up at 6:30 when Jared's alarm went off.

All I can say is THANK YOU GOD this is a "every once in a while" thing. When you aren't used to getting up, it makes it that much worse! You don't know how badly I wanted to stay in bed this morning and call into work! If only my sub plans would have been done, I may have been tempted enough. Instead, I slept in, didn't take a shower, wore a sweat shirt with black pants (horrific, I know) and threw my greasy hair up in a pony tail. Nice huh?
I don't even care, haha.
Life with kids I suppose! Still wouldn't trade it for the world!

P.S.it's Jared's turn next ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment