Sunday, November 25, 2012

First Illness

Well unfortunately Hunter had his first illness. It started with the sleepless nights. I was begining to think he was just going backwards on his sleep schedule. Then he spiked the fever. He had a fever of 102 for about 2-3 days.. I took off work and brought him in just to be sure it wasn't an ear infection or something. She checked his ears and what do you know, he did indeed have his first ear infection. I was really glad I decided to take him in! I guess I now know that if he's crying in his sleep, its probably his ears. She said a good sign it's ears is if he acts fine during the day but cries at night. This is due to the drainage that happens when they lay flat- good to know! She also said not to give him tylonol unless he was acting like he was hurting. Basically, giving it to him during the day just for his fever would prolong his infection. She said that he should only have it to bring a fever down if it's above 102... so we did give it to him for a few days since his was about 102.3 average... Luckily that went down. He started sleeping again after the antibiotics were in him a good 3-4 days. I stuck a blanket under his mattress to help his ears drain and that seemed to help right away too. We had one really really yucky night where he was up from 11-4 and nothing could soothe him.  After the propping of the bed, he did a lot better.

So after he was well again, I took out the blanket. Then he started rolling over in the middle of the night and waking up just talkin away. I was like well crap now he's wide awake at 1:00 A.M. I noticed that when his bed was propped he couldn't scoot up like he used to so I tried propping it again thinking maybe that would do the trick... nope! He still managed to squirm his way against the side of the crib and roll again! So, I got smart! I took two of his quilts and rolled them up. I put them on each side of him and basically he is sandwhiched now and can't roll or scoot! Problem solved! He does look a little funny though, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment