Thursday, April 11, 2013

10 months!

We are on our way to feeling back to normal! We have had a ROUGH winter! After all the mess with the ear aches and tubes... Hunter got a nasty flu bug the day Jared and I left for Spring retreat. He started showing symptoms Friday about 4 and finally... THURSDAY he is feeling himself again with just a little bit of diarrhea still. The bad news is Jared started feeling sick Wednesday morning... I just hope it doesnt take him a whole week to recover like it did Hunter boy! This was a rough virus he had! I took off work Monday to stay with him and went ahead and went to the doctor for myself because I had a sinus infection! The doctor gave us some diaper rash cream for Hunter and we were on our way. I'm telling you... rough rough rough winter! Doctor says its because Hunter has been on so many antibiotics for his ears that he basically had no immune system left and I, being a teacher, brought home every sickness out there. A friend told me about these little packets called culterelle probiotics that seemed to help him get over it. You can buy them at a pharmacy if you ask for them. They are little individual packets of a powder that helps upset stomach and it also helps re-build the colon with good biotics! So, after a day or 2 of these in him he was finally feeling better!

I am loving this 10 month stage, but not the attitude that came with it! Little mister is getting his own tude these days. If he wants to walk (you hold his hands) and you don't let him he will scream. This isn't a little baby scream its a pretty loud toddler like scream! Not havin it! He has already had a few smacks on the hand! He has started this fake cry thing when he doesnt get his way too. It's not a real cry with tears... its a scream cry.... not a fan!

At 10 months Hunter is: 23.8 pounds and still 29 inches
-wearing size 4 diapers still
-wearing size 12 month pants and 18 month shirts mostly
-wearing size 3 shoe
-has been pulling up since right after 9 months...
-was found standing in bed!
-no longer likes to walk with one hand... he is getting scared and has to have 2 now
-still not too close on walking (can't stand on his own yet)
-walks on his tippy toes- uhh! He even stands tippy toed in his walker and exersaucer!
-whispers... its so funny he will crawl around the house whispering. I'm not sure where he got this!
-doesn't seem to say dada as much as he used to because he's too busy whispering, haha
-will still eat stage 3 baby food (the ones with chunky stuff like pasta) but prefers whatever we are eating
-can drink out of a big boy sippy cup with no handles!
-has 5 teeth! 3 top are slowly coming down and he has 2 bottom
-needs a hair cut! He has such fluffy hair and it is getting so long! I will probably schedule his first hair cut soon if I can't talk Kay into cutting it some day! (I'm a firm believer in if they need it cut, it gets cut... there is none of this "wait till his first birthday" attitude from this momma. I've seen too many baby boys with long nasty hair, haha- sorry!) I already look back at his 3 month pictures when he had patchy hair for a few weeks and wonder why I didn't just shave it! *** next kid!
-used to drink water just fine out of his sippy but he's getting a little spoiled and thinks he has to have juice now. I really didn't want him having any juice if it wasn't necessary... so we'll see if we can get him back to water soon.
-He isn't our little chubs anymore! As he gets older he is seeming slimmer and slimmer! I don't like this because he seems like such a little boy... I can't believe only 2 more months until his birthday! We love you little man!

This face describes how he felt.. miserable!

I actually got him to smile even though he had a yucky flu bug!

Mom, I'd rather stand and eat this bear anyday!

All of his top teeth coming in at once!

Getting into everything as he pulls up on stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment