Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter in Georgia

We celebrated Easter in Georgia this year! Hunter and I were the only ones that went because Jared didn't have off work, so he stayed home. Jen and her boys, Kate, my mom, and Hunter and I left on Thursday at 5:30 p.m and after a very long night of riding in the car with 3 kids under 3... we finally made it to my grandparents house at 4:00 in the morning! We quickly tried to get in the house, settle down in bed, and fall asleep before the kids would be up for the day. Hunter was up at 5:30... uhh!! So, needless to say we were all very tired on Friday! It was a great visit though! So good to see all my family down there that we don't get to see very often. The little kids got to color Easter eggs and have a hunt as well as help grandma ice some cupcakes! We had lots of bonding time with great grandma and grandpa Weeks! We got to go shopping without the kiddos on Saturday, check out their church on Sunday, have a great Easter dinner with all my cousins and aunts and uncles, and even played some hilarious games with eggs! It was a lot of fun! We shared many laughs together! It will probably be a year or two before we have a chance to get down there again, so I'm really glad we got to go.

Hunter has been a little terror since we've been back though! He is usually the happiest kid just playing by himself! I think somebody got a little spoiled while we were there! He got so much attention and had very little floor time that he wants nothing to do with it now that we are home! I am hoping to break this of him very soon so I can get my content baby back! He was constantly running around in the walker with the other kids chasing him, or being held or played with by many family members whom he had never even met yet. So, you can imagine the attention he got! We will be working on this! Tonight at dinner he was yelling at me and I told him he wasn't too young for a little smack on the hand, haha. We are going to be sticklers on disciplining him when needed! I know that the fun years of toddler fits are coming and I'm just not sure I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment