Monday, November 8, 2010

Bulletin Board

One of my requirements for my practicum is to create a bulletin board. So, I decided to do mine as a Thanksgiving theme. I pulled off the old bulletin board and started mine off with stapeling up orange butcher paper. Then I brought home a bunch of construction paper and Allison helped me cut out feathers. We cut out a buch of these becuase my teacher didn't have any Fall/November boarders, so I decided to make my own. Then I had to figure out how I was going to get a turkey for the board. I thought about buying one but I decided to just try and draw one instead. So, I drew my own turkey and I made him look like a pilgrim turkey. He is so cute! I had to laminate him so that I can keep him when I'm done with this bulletin board. Then I had the kids write what they were thankful for on a feather. The feathers say, "Chloe is thankful for..." or whatever the child's name is, and then they wrote down and colored a picture of what they were thankful for. My teacher really liked how it turned out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment