Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Crock Pot Recipe

Most things in life aren't free... but since Jared's dad is a farmer, we get a lot of free meat! The other night we were over there and we helped them butcher a cow. Well, I didn't actually do any butchering, but I did wrap the hamburger! We left with about 75 pounds of it, for FREE! YAY! That is a lot of hamburger... but we'll use it! So then the next night, he called and said he had half of a hog for us! WOW! That was definitely okay with us too. So we got all sorts of things like sausage, pork chops, ribs... etc.
Well this morning I decided I would try making the ribs in the crock pot. I didn't really want BBQ so I found another recipe for just seasoned ribs and it was amazing! So, try it out!!

-Season frozen ribs with salt and pepper and place in crock-pot.
-Mix together: 3 cups of water, 2 beef cubes, 2 tablespoons of white vinegar, 1/2 cup ketchup, 2 tablespoons of mustard, and 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.
-Pour this mixture over the frozen ribs and cook on low for 8-10 hours.

The ribs have the most amazing taste to them! They will fall off the bone too!
I made egg noodles and spooned some of the sauce from the ribs into the noodle pot.
YUM! I will be making this again, soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment