Thursday, October 20, 2011

refresHER

Our church holds an annual women's conference called the refresHER. It is meant to refresh women and touch on topics that women constantly deal with. This year the conference topic was "a confident heart". I wasn't planning on going, but Jared thought I should go.
MAN AM I GLAD I DID!

I didn't even know I needed this, but I did. God began working on my heart from the minute I walked in there. Renee Swope from Proverbs 31 ministries was the guest speaker all the way from North Carolina. She was amazing. She had us laughing and then crying all day long.

Being confident is often something I've struggled with my whole life, and I don't know why! But God is working on my heart and making it more confident. I've felt rejection in the past few years, and I have been working on dealing with it, but it's very hard. This weekend made me realize that I need to stop being such a people pleaser. I'm always constantly worried about making sure my family members are doing alright and making other people happy. I rarely do a self check up. So, this is something I'm wanting help from God on. He's going to have to do the work in me, because I can't do it alone.
I'm so thankful for a loving, forgiving God. When I think about the rejection I've felt, I think about Jesus. His rejection was way worse. His father let him DIE for us. Can you think about that for a minute? If your father was to give you away to die in such an embarrasing way, could you do it and still feel loved? Thats what gets me through my tough situations in life, thinking about how much I'm loved by God.

A few years ago, I often thought about the verse in Matthew 11- "Come to me all who are weary, and I will give you rest."  I love that verse and it got me through some pretty tough days. I'm going to post that verse in my car, in our room, and on my mirror. I want to constantly be reminded that I CAN'T do it all, and I need to stop trying. When I feel weary, I know who to run to for rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment