Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas is near!

My kids at school are so excited about christmas! I have a countdown till Christmas break in my room but they still make me count on the calendar everyday how many days until Christmas morning. It makes me excited to have kids someday! Kids truly make the Christmas spirit come alive!

We have a busy holiday like usual. This week I had our Elementary Christmas program at school Monday night then went out to eat in Mattoon with some teachers, so that was a late night. Thursday I am going to Sullivan with some teachers to see a Christmas show at the Little Theater. Friday night we have my work Christmas party, luckily thats in Effingham though. I'm gettin tired of late nights this week! Next Saturday is Jared's Christmas party and next Sunday the 18th we're celebrating Christmas with my dad already! I'm ready for a nice break off from school! Our last day is the 22nd. I wish our break was a little longer, but I guess I can't complain about a whole week and a day off!

I did ALL my shopping online this year! That is the first time! I still feel like I need to go out and enjoy the Christmas spirit of everyone shopping at the mall so I'm still going this Saturday. I'm sure I'll find a few more things I want to get for people. I finally figured out what I want to get Jared! I had a few ideas and he shot those down. Apparently he thinks if he wants a deer cam he can "go out and buy it when its time". So there went that idea! My next idea was a dehydrator for meat. I thought he would have fun making his own jerky! Well his dad has one so he can just use theirs if he needs it. Uhh! This man doesn't want anything! I'm going to have to just surprise him instead of telling him all my ideas to make sure he likes them. We usually go all out and spend a ton on eachother for Christmas, but this year I'd like to only spend $100 since we have so much family to buy for. It's gettin expensive. This is the first year I made a budget and a list of all our people and I think that did help a bit.

I didn't want to go buy lots of decorations for my class, but I did buy some lights to hang. Someone gave me a small tree to put up. The last thing I needed was decor for my door. I thought about a wreath, but those are expensive. I decided to just wrap it! Who knew they would LOOOOVVVVEEE it?!

 We wanted to figure out a cute way to display their Dear Santa letters. So I got out some construction paper and started cutting. This is what I came up with! Cute huh? The santa face I found on google and just printed them out and let students color.




No comments:

Post a Comment