Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pinterest

http://www.pinterest.com/
(You can browse the site, but to be able to pin things you need to log in. You must be "invited" by someone to get registered for it. Send me your email if you want invited!)

My sister told me about this site this past summer and I never took the chance to look it up. The other day she finally showed me what it was and I fell in love. Its an amazing site where you can keep all your ideas in one spot. You create "boards" which are like your topic pages. My boards include: Recipes, Christmas, Crafts to make, Fashion, Sewing, Organization, and Future Kids Ideas.
So, I am able to surf the internet and "pin" anything I see that I like and I put categorize it into one of my boards. You can also search ideas on the pinterest website and pin from there as well. You have followers which are like friends and you can also re-pin anything they have pinned already or look at their boards to see other ideas! I love it!

My biggest category I've been filling are the 'recipe' and 'crafts to make' boards.
I have already tried several recipes off of my pinterest. I have made a few things for my classroom and I made a Christmas wreath too!

To create this wreath I bought  LOTS of ornaments, ribbon, and a wreath hanger. I got a lot of my ornaments from The Dollar Tree, however some had to be from Wal-Mart because I needed varius sizes. I also needed a wire hanger and a hot glue gun.

First, bend a wire hanger in a circle. I bent the top 2 ends into J hooks so that when I was done I could close the circle off. Next string your ornaments onto the wire hanger. They should slide right on. Vary your sizes to fill in gaps. When you get all of the ornaments strung, lay it flat and play with the ornaments sliding them around where you want them. Then just place a dab of hot glue between the ornaments to keep in place. When you have them all in place, tie your bow at the top and hang from your wreath hanger!

No comments:

Post a Comment