Thursday, December 29, 2011

Let the shopping begin!

Since I found out, I couldn't help but start shopping online. I started by looking at bedding...had no luck for the longest time. When I type in neutral, I don't want green and brown because it looks too boyish! I looked at Target, Walmart, Babys R Us, and even tried typing neutral bedding onto google!! I had seen a really cute owl bedding when I tried google, but it was pink and black. I decided to go to etsy and type in baby owl bedding. I found one that I LOVED! I had it in my head that I was going to make it. It was just a skirt and a blanket...so when I went to Fairview Heights this week shopping, I looked at 4 different fabric stores and they were sold out of all their owl fabric... the lady just kinda laughed when I showed her the fabric I was looking for. She said owls are so popular for babies right now and I probably won't find that fabric. SO I decided to just buy the one I liked on etsy. I know its early, but its the only one I've seen that is cute for either sex, and since I couldn't make it, and she only had ONE left... I just bought it. I don't like that its only a skirt and a blanket, so I'm going to just try and add "tree's" to the theme. I have a cartridge for my cricut with an owl and a tree on it... I'd like to get a large tree decal for the wall and do vinal owls with my cricut to put on the tree. How cute will that be! Besides the bedding, I had no intentions of buying anything else until we start getting the room together. We have to paint before we can put carpet down, then once the carpet is down we can get the crib and other furniture. Jared did get me a glider rocking chair for Christmas, which I'm excited about! So, it'll be awhile before we get anything else.. and I know I know, I have 6 months! :)

I went to penney's yesterday and just couldn't help myself but look at the baby section. Everytime I go to Kohls they don't have anything neutral and penney's actually had some cute neutral stuff. So I bought a few things that were on clearance. I'm sure I'll need sleepers for when baby is inside the house and our air conditioning is on, but I know it will be summer so I'll need a little of both. I am mostly going to wait till the baby is born to just shop online for clothes though. But for now, bring on the ducks.
You know you would have bought it too! How cute are they!!??
All my husband can do is roll his eyes and smile, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment