Thursday, December 29, 2011

First Sonogram/Appointment

We went in for our first appointment in November. This was just with the nurse and the insurance rep so nothing exciting. She asked if I had been having any problems and I said no sickness but I did have lots of cramping around 5-6 weeks. So she wanted to bump up my sonogram to 11 weeks instead of 12-15 like normally just to be sure everything was okay. I was totally fine by that becuase I wanted to put a songoram picture on our Christmas card as a way to tell family.. so it worked out great! We first had our sonogram and the baby measured 4 days older than they suspected so she said that would make me due June 30th, but we'd see again at our next sonogram. The baby's heartbeat was 162 bpm. She said that was perfectly normal as well. Then after that we met with Dr. Haller and I got to do all the fun stuff, an "exam" and blood work. She wanted to see me back in 4 weeks so my next appointment is January 11th (Noahs birthday!). I'm so excited to see our baby again but that won't be till somewhere around 20 weeks. We have decided NOT to find out what the sex of the baby is. I am a planner and I know this will be hard for me, but more and more people keep telling me that "it's the best surprise of your life" People who have chosen to find out and also not find out said the surprise is amazing and it's so worth it. I just can't wait till the baby is here and our family comes into that room and we get to say ITS A BOY or ITS A GIRL! Some people find out what they're having and keep the names a secret... we alaredy decided what names we like! So hopefully sometime in June we will get to introduce either Hunter Wayne Yager or Ellie Grace Yager. I love the names and just hope for a healthy baby!!


No comments:

Post a Comment