Saturday, March 17, 2012

gut feelings

So pretty much since I've gotten pregnant people started guessing what I was going to have. I heard about 20 to 1 guesses that I'm having a boy. Based all on the typical old wives tales I guess. However, the last time we went to our appointment the heart beat was 150, if you are a believer in the heart beat determining the sex, you'd say it was a girl! Most people say I'm carrying high and since I haven't widened at all, yet, you'd say it was a girl by that too. The chinese calendar says girl, and other tests like the baking soda test also said girl. Despite all of this, I've thought I was having a boy since the beginning. If you look at our closet of clothes, you can tell I think it's a boy!

Well, just this week, I started doubting my gut feeling! A girl at my work wanted to do the "necklace" test on me and of course I let her. The necklace test said girl! I kinda started freaking out because if it is a girl, I have no bows! Now, bows are VERY important if we have a girl. I will have a girly girl who will wear a bow in her hair everyday until she resists! :) That's just me!

So, I think I'm going to stop thinking so positively that it's a boy and go buy some bows just in case! Of course I'll be happy either way, but just in case, I better be  on the safe side!

15 more weeks, wow!

3 comments:

  1. OR you could just find out the sex of that baby!! Then you'd know what to buy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like bows! (Shel was never the bow type) I like ball caps & hunting boots, too, so as long as there are 10 fingers & ten toes & perfect health, it's all good.
    I vote for keeping the surprize factor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister in law was certain she was pregnant with a boy...and so was everyone else around here!!! but the chinese predictor test said girl...and sure enough its a girl!...The chinese predictor was also right for my two kids!!...best of luck to you.
    and for the record...my guess is girl:)

    ReplyDelete