Friday, July 6, 2012

1 Month!

I can't believe my baby boy is 1 month old already! This month has flown by so fast :( It makes me sad because I know every other month will fly by too!

Here is Hunter with his bear. We are going to take a picture of him every month with this bear so we can see how he grows!

Hunter... at one month you have changed so much already! You are still just a tiny little guy. You weigh 8 pounds and 4 ounces today! You are still wearing size newborn clothes though! You are done wearing newborn sleepers though because your legs are too long.. as for onesies and rompers you are still in newborn and might be for another few more weeks. You still wear newborn diapers too. You will probably be graduating to a size 1 soon though!

When you were first born you were eating almost an ounce. Now, I'm making you 4 oz during the day and 3 oz at night. It seems like every week you are eating more and more! Your bottle is about as big as you are by the way!

You are eating about every 4 hours most of the time. At night, you usually get up between 2:00-3:00 and then again between 5:30-6:30 but you do go back to sleep until 9:00 which mommy loves :) I put you in your crib for the first time last night and you did great. Slept like your normal self! You still sleep like a newborn.. A LOT! I don't complain about this though!  Right now, daddy gets up with you on Saturdays and mom has all the other days since daddy works right now and mom is off. I'm crossing my fingers that you start sleeping through that 2am feeding! That would be pretty awesome, but I know that it doesn't always happen like that!


You love to cuddle! If I can't get you to sleep, I put you on my chest and bounce you up and down and you usually can't resist! You go right to sleep.

Here you are wide awake. When you are awake you are usually content as can be!

And here you are sleepin away in your rock and play sleeper with that arm up
by your head... like always!

You are advanced from the soothie pacifiers to the regular NUK ones now... I just don't like the look of those newborn ones, but you sure do love your paci and you take it so well! We were amazed at how well you took it from week one!

You don't like tummy time, and I admit I haven't really tried it that much because you don't like it! I need to get you on your tummy more though so you can start holding your head up! You will hold it up for a few seconds at a time, and you can turn it from side to side while we're burping you. You seem like you are noticing people more and focusing better. You smile a lot in your sleep and usually you will smile if I kiss your cheek or rub your cheek. Other than that, its still pretty involuntary.

We love you so much Hunter! You are such a cute and awesome baby :) We can't wait to see how you change in the months to come!

1 comment:

  1. Baby Hunter is absolutely adorable... I think I say that on every post! Haha... I'm very much enjoying all of his little "moments".

    I haven't seen baby pictures of either you or Jared (except maybe on your BIG day) but it looks like Hunter has dark features like his mama :) Beautiful!

    We should get together soon!

    ReplyDelete