Saturday, December 8, 2012

New Car Seats

Welp the time has come where I can no longer carry big boy in his infant car seat anymore! I am a little nervous about switching him since he can't sit up that well yet but I figure if we go to wal mart or kohls we will just have to bring a blanket to support him a little more. That is what we do in wooden high chairs at restaurants so prob. not much different.

Basically, Hunter is getting car seats for Christmas from us this year, haha. They are expensive when you go for the good ones. I knew I wanted his car seat to recline so I had to do some research. I found a heck of a deal on Cyber Monday! The Safety First Alpha Omega Elite usually runs $180 and I got it for $90! I was trying to decide on that one and the Safety First All in One Convertible car seat which also was $180 regularly and on sale for $90. So I just got one of each! I really liked the all in one because it looked narrow, which would work well for Jared's vehicle. They both reclined, and the elite has bells and whistles like extra head rests, arm rests, cup holders, etc. So I kinda wanted that one as well. So, my plan was to put the elite in my car. BUT we also needed a cheap one for baby sitter's to haul around since my dad takes him to his house once a week and when Kay watches him she takes him to her house.. and Kate usually goes runnin errands when she has him too. A friend of ours happened to see a really nice one that reclined on the Effingham fb garage sale site that was used as a back up and only used a few times...regularly $150 for $40. So, we ended up getting that one because it reclined as well. I did not realize until I picked it up, that this was like the taj mahal of car seats! It was so wide and comfy looking. I decided since it was the biggest of the 3 I would just put it in my car instead of making the baby sitters haul around the big one!

So, I installed all the car seats today! We will see how big boy likes them! The truck back seat is pretty small so I was a little nervous it wouldn't work out but it BARELY fit! I told Jared I wasn't sure we coould have another kid anytime soon with that truck because it would be tight with 2 car seats back there...

Anyways, here is the elite car seat, the one we will let the sitter's haul around.. the other 2 are already installed.

1 comment:

  1. we have the same one for both our kids - we love them! ps... in case you ever need another one. if you watch walmart, you can usually get them on there for 90-99. and if you use ebates or swagbucks, you can get cashback by using their shop and earn system. we love our alpha omegas!

    ReplyDelete