Tuesday, December 18, 2012

New Traditions

I bought Hunter some Christmas jammies! I am excited to have our first Christmas as a family of 3! One tradition I want to start with our son and future kids is to open one present on Christmas Eve every year. We usually got to open one gift on Christmas eve when I was younger but it was just a random one. This tradition is going to be opening new pajamas! This will be exciting when he gets older and gets to wear his new pajamas to bed and plus then he'll look cute on Christmas morning in new clean jammies!

What are some traditions you had growing up? We had some odd ones, haha. For some reason we always got a pair of toe socks and had to take a picture with our socks on... toe socks? Are those even comfortable, no, haha! We also always read the Christmas story from the book of Luke before opening any presents. I love this tradition because it really reminds you of the true meaning behind Christmas! I absolutely HATE that it's become all about Santa and getting gifts. We plan on instilling the importance of giving and the birth of Jesus to our kids as the reason for the season!

One week till Christmas day! I can't wait! Tomorrow is my last day of work for 2 whole weeks :) I love being a teacher, haha! I wish Jared got more days off though! Being off together is so much more fun than being off alone; at least I have Hunter to spend the days with though!

I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment