Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 re-cap

This time last year I was gearing up for student teaching. Its really hard to believe that was only a year ago! So much has changed since then and it just seems like more than 1 year ago I was just starting my last semester of college. I miss my t-town co-workers and students a lot though! That was a great school and maybe someday I'll be employed there? Who knows!

Well student teaching ended quickly and I graduated from Eastern on May 7, 2011. After graduation, literally the week after, Jared and I got married! We had an amazing wedding and headed to Cancun right after! It was such a nice relaxing vacation afer a long, busy semester of teaching and planning a wedding. It was much needed! I enjoyed my summer off and began looking hard for teaching jobs. I told myself I'd be willing to drive up to an hour for a job... boy am I glad I don't have that far to drive though! I don't think I would have liked driving any more and I am now. I got my teaching job the first week of August. I was supposed to be going to Texas with Jared's dad's family to see his brother graduate from basic training... but since I got the job they left without me and had a great time anyway! I was glad Jared was still able to go, he had fun and really enjoyed the base in Texas! I started my first day of teaching on August 18, 2011. Shortly after, my second nephew Carson was born! Jen had Carson on August 29th, 2011. This is a picture of him at Christmas this year. He is such a cute little man!
I thought that was going to be it for our year of change but nope, God had another plan in mind when we found out we were going to have a baby! I still can't believe in 6 short months we'll be holding our little one! 2011 has truly been a year of blessings. God has blessed us in more ways that we could have imagined. I can't wait to see what else he has in store for our little family! Here's to hopes that 2012 is just as awesome as 2011 has been! So excited for yet another year with family, friends, and the one we love most, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment