Thursday, February 9, 2012

Halfway!!

I can hardly believe that I'm halfway done with my first pregnancy! Saturday I'll be 20 weeks, so I guess not technically yet, but close! And hey, a girl can dream right, maybe I'll have this baby early-mid June! I would LOVE that! 1 reason- small baby, another reason- more time off in the summer if I get another teaching job! We all know that's not up to me though... so we'll just have to see what God's plan is for us!

Yesterday we had our halfway appointment. We had a sonogram first, and no we didn't find out what we were having. Although I don't believe we could have found out yesterday anyways... even if we had planned on it! The baby was curled up in a ball the whole time! We were in there for a good half hour and it wasn't until right before we left that she finally got a profile pic of baby. The baby's feet were all the way above the head! I couldn't believe how long the legs looked.

Here are some pictures:

I think baby might have dad's nose... ...

This is the one that cracks me up... the legs are just so long! And that does not look comfortable at all!

Leg and foot picture


After our sonogram we met with Dr. Haller. She is always so short and to the point. Jared likes that about her. I gained my first weight since the last appointment.. boo. Last time I went I was still down 2 pounds... This time I had gained 5 since my last time. So overall I'm +3 pounds.. uhh! I actually got really emotional and shed some tears because I'm deathly afraid of becoming this huge ugly overweight pregnant person who can't lose the weight after baby is born. (dont laugh!) No valentine's chocolates for me!!!  Since the weather should be getting warmer soon, I told Jared we're going to have to start walking at night.

We experienced some firsts yesterday, besides weight gain. I got heart burn for the first time. Wow that sucked. I couldn't lay down for a good hour... it finally went away though.
Jared also got to feel the baby move yesterday! I had been feeling it a ton since our ultrasound and I told him to put his hand on my belly. Of course, it stopped as soon as he put his hand there. So he got out his phone and played some BG music right by my belly. What do you know baby started kicking after that! It was neat to feel because it was most likely a reaction kick. Jared had a big smile on his face! :)

3 comments:

  1. Randi you are doing great on the weight gain. Try not to stress so much about it. You have to gain weight, if you don't baby can't grow into the healthy baby you want it to be. The weight does come off, maybe not as fast as you will want it to, but it does! Love the sonogram pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am just scared but ya I know it'll be gettin more and more each week and it scares me! I loved the sonogram pictures too! :) Can't wait 20 more weeks to meet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All women gain weight when pregnant! You'll still be beautiful! :) Eat your heart out. You actually have a legit excuse! Haha! <3

    ReplyDelete