Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Nursery Ideas- vote!

The nursery is started! YAY!


Like I said in my previous post, Jared started the room while I was away in Florida. Such a nice surprise and relief to have it painted and carpeted already! We went to pick up the crib last night. I am thinking we might try and put it together this weekend. I will have to order sheets because my bedding didn't come with any. I was going to do just plain brown and Wal-Mart only has blue or pink... so guess those colors are out! I thought yellow would be cute too, but I will probably get brown to start off with... maybe yellow can be our backup.

I was going to buy a wall decal of a tree to put up. However, they are running about $90 a piece and I decided that's ridiculous for a tree decal! So, since my husband is pretty artistic, he is going to draw/paint one for us. I will then use my cricut to cut out owls in girly colors or boyish colors once baby is here. I figured that would make it look a little more gender specific. So, I have been researching trees with owls and here are the ones I've narrowed it down to. Remember, it will be paint, and there will be no owls yet!




Choice number 1: I really liked how this one had multi colored leaves. Our owls have patterns on them, and I thought this would be really cute to do some patterned leaves that matched... If not the patterns, then just the shape of the tree and colors of the leaves for this one

Choice number 2: Simple tree with just green leaves (I wouldn't do the orange) I like the shape of the tree in this one too.


 Choice number 3: This one is just too cute for a girl. I wouldn't be able to do the pink leaves but could definitly do the pink owls if we had a girl! But once again, look at the tree style.
Then I want to do something like this over the baby's crib with baby's name in either blue or pink! So cute!! I would make the leaves match the tree I chose to do though instead of these exact ones.

SO NOW ITS TIME TO VOTE!
Leave a comment and tell me which tree you think we should paint. Go off of the tree style/shape. #1, 2, or 3! :)

4 comments:

  1. i like choice 3 :) choice 1 would be my second pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choice 1 or 3! I can help if Jared needs an extra hand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one. :) My second choice would be 3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for voting! I think we're going with number 1! :)

    ReplyDelete