Sunday, January 29, 2012

Baby's Curtains

Yesterday Lydia and I had a sewing day! We had so much fun! I wanted to add some more of the owl fabric that the bedding was in so that the blanket wasn't the only thing owls in the room. So, I ordered a yard of the fabric not really knowing what I'd do with it yet. The 1 yard of fabric was $21.00 so I just knew I wanted to make it last! I had the idea of doing valances at first, but in order for them to gather, I would need another yard. Then I decided since that room is so bright (it has a window facing the east) we needed some dark curtains to make that baby sleep, haha! So, I decided to buy some brown curtains and then add some owls to the bottom. It worked great because I washed and dried the 100% cotton curtains like a dummy! So, since they shrunk adding a few inches to the bottom worked out great!
Here is what we did:


First we had to cut the fabric into 2 long stips, one for each curtain. Then we pinned the fabric so it was upside down... we did this is that we could sew and flip it over to create a hem.


After it was sewn, we flipped it and ironed the seam.


Then we flipped it to the back side and pinned the sides and bottom to hem!


 All finished!!! They look so cute! :)

You have no idea how much darker the room is now!
(Dis-reguard the random hunting/checkerd/illini bed in the room right now)
Oh and the awesome curtain rods are going. I bought new just haven't put them up yet.

I am so glad we decided to do this to the curtains! We still have a lot of the fabric left!! Going to make a pillow and diaper stacker next, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment