Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Birthday Week!

I like to celebrate birthdays for more than just one day, so I call it a birthday week, haha. Although this year I wasn't as excited about my birthday as I usually am. I think that means I'm getting old :(  either that or just too busy, one of the two. Well Monday the 18th was my birthday and I turned 22. On Mondays I usually have class until 10 am and then another one from 7-930 pm. Well since it was my birthday I skipped my last class so that I could celebrate a little bit. So, I went out to eat at Cody's for my birthday dinner with my mom and Jared. It was a nice dinner! Then Jared and I went to the movies and saw "The Town". It was a pretty good movie as well. We had a nice date. As far as gifts go, basically everything I got was for the house, which is okay because I don't have the money to go buy all of the stuff we got! And we needed it all!
From dad I got a purse (which was basically the only thing non house oriented) and an end table for our house. From mom I got an end table, and then my birthday dinner. From Jen I got my shower curtain and rod rings, along with a picture frame that spells out FAMILY. From Jared I got a visa debit card so that I could pick out something, because he said he wasn't sure what I'd want to get for the house. So I think I decided either a recliner or new counter tops is what I'll buy with that. From Jared's mom, we got a microwave and trashcan for the both of us. From his Grandma, we also got a joint present, which isn't in yet, but hopefully it will be soon, but it's our TV stand. From my grandma I got money. From Hannah I got a reed diffuser. And then I got our nice silverweart set from Emily and Allison and some box shelves from Aunt Carol. Overall it was a good birthday!
 Jared's birthday is this coming Saturday, and he'll be 21! We aren't sure yet what our plans are. Some of our friends were wanting to go to Champaign that night, but we were thinking of just having some friends over at our house for a bonfire, but if they all go to Champaign, that may be an issue, haha. So, we may go as well. Sunday we are planning on having Jared's family over after church for cake and icecream to celebrate both of our birthdays. So it will be yet again another busy weekend I'm sure!
The birthday kids! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment