Monday, October 11, 2010

Cassius (Cash) Conrad


Well, we finally got our puppy! Named after Johnny Cash and Muhammad Ali, our new puppy's name is Cassius Conrad Yager. We'll call him Cash for short. He already knows his owners so well! He follows Jared around everywhere! We love that he is playful and relaxed at the same time. He seems like the perfect puppy thus far! We've had him since Saturday and he's slept through the night both nights so far, and he hasn't had ANY potty accidents! I'm SO SO surprised at that, but definitely not complaining! He is 14 weeks old and weighs 21 pounds. He is going to be a big boy when he gets older.

As you may know, I was really nervous/worried about getting a Rottweiler. But, I feel much much better about it now that we have him and we've heard so many success stories with these dogs. It's the unsuccessful stories that scared me. Cash's previous owner gave Jared and I some really good tips on how to train him to be a friendly, loyal, and protective dog for our family. We were able to see Cash's mom and dad when we picked him up as well. That helped a lot with my nerves because they were really friendly dogs. The family had 7 kids and they were playing with the dogs without any fear. I just know that these dogs have a reputation of being mean. I also am more aware now that the dogs are only mean if they are neglected or brought up without human socialization. So, we plan on introducing Cash to many different people and children to get him used to that. I just know he is going to be a great dog for us!


No comments:

Post a Comment