Sunday, October 24, 2010

busy busy weekend

I've been feeling so exhausted lately after the weekend is over. I think that some rest some is needed. It just seems like since we've gotten the house it's been go go go, nonstop! This weekend I did get a lot done on my to-do list for the house though! It was Jared's birthday on Saturday so I didn't make him help with anything, haha. I got the kitchen painted, the guest bedroom cleaned out, all his clothes hung up and organized, the guest bed is all set up, and I finally cleaned a little. I dusted and did all the floors before Jared's family came over on Sunday for a little birthday party. It was good to see some of his family that we don't get to see very often. We also went and bought new kitchen countertops this weekend! I was excited to go pick these out. We wanted to get them ordered before Christmas and then Jen told me that Menards was having a sale on them this weekend so we went ahead and got them ordered. I would have been happy with getting the laminate ones, but for 75 more dollars we could upgrade to the high resolution. So, that is what Jared wanted and that's what we got! Im excited about getting them installed. I just have this "thing" about putting food and stuff on the old countertops beacuse they just look so warn and old in some places. So, I'll be happy to have new in the house :) I'll be sure to take before and after pics as well!

I also got the trim started which I'm excited about getting that done because it will make it look complete I think. I bought one of those rolling edgers and it actually worked really well so far! I haven't made much progress because I tried it right before we had to leave and it did seem to work! So, I may try and work on that this coming weekend when I go home. BUT, I get to watch Noah all weekend so I'm not sure that I will really get anything done on the house, but that's okay :) I love that little guy.
Maybe it will be good to take a break for all the workin, paintin, and cleaning. It drains me!
I'm going to need my energy because this week Wednesday I start teachin the little 1st graders in Paris. I'll be doing that for my Practicum which is 4 weeks. So I'll finish right before Thanksgiving break. Then after break we come back to school for 3 weeks and then we're out for Christmas! It's all approaching SOOOOO fast! I better quit typing and thinking about all of what I have to do before Christmas break because I'm just stressing myself out. I'm doing quite well with taking my projects one day at a time, knock on wood...
Welp, thats about it for now. Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment