Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Do you ever just have those days?

Today, I thought it was going to be a good day. It's Wednesday, which is almost my favorite day of the week! I only have one class in the morning and the rest of the day I have nothing! However, today was just one of those days. I went to bed last night thinking about my wedding and thinking of what a happy day it will be. Then I started thinking about the emotional parts. I am going to need some major prayer that I don't have an emotional breakdown that day. I know the hardest part for me to deal with on my wedding day, will be thinking about my parents and their marriage. I still can't believe it really happened... I know that divorce takes time for healing, and for me it just seems like it's a constant battle that takes away my joy. Anyways, I'll get through it with the help of God, Jared, friends and my family! So, that is how my day kind of started, and then it got worse, before it eventually got better...
I was feeling so out of the loop on everything going on with our house. I decided to call my loan guy from the bank and just ask him how things were moving along. He told me that he wasn't sure of a closing time yet, or even if we'd for sure get to close on Friday, but he did say we were to bring our closing cost money with us. This was a suprise to me! When I asked how much money it would be, he didn't know. So, I started stressing out and wondering if we would even have enough money to be able to close. He talked to me like I had bought a house 5 times already. It was just really frustrating! So, if you know me, I'm an organizer and a planner. So you can only imagine what is going through my head at this point. I'm soooo upset I can barely talk. So I have to text our realitor to ask him if he knows anything about these closing costs, because as far as we knew, they were being added into our loan, as that is the type of loan we went with. Our realitor told us that the closing costs should have been on our Good Faith Estimate that our bank went over with us. Well, BINGO! There was our first problem, our bank never went over these papers with us! Now you know why I was feeling in the dark. I pulled out the Good Faith Estimate and looked at them. The only thing I saw was settlement costs, which were nearly $7,000. I basically had a major melt down at this point. I didn't know how we were going to be able to afford this house anymore if we had to pay $7000 on Friday when we close!
So, luckily my mom answered her phone when I called her and she was able to calm me down, a lot! She went into the bank and talked to the loan guy for me. I am so thankful she did this, because I feel like he told her a lot of stuff that I didn't even know. Our bank has just not had good communication with us through this whole thing, and to me that is stressfull, especially when I am trying to finish school and focus on that! UHH!
So anyways, I decided to just get calm and say a prayer to God and ask him to comfort and ease us through this whole thing. I thought about this video, and it made me think. Wow, my problems really could be worse. I take for granted the simple things in life. Click this link to watch this video, and then try complaining about your life...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjbX6mDnMwM

1 comment:

  1. Good luck today! I'll talk to you later about painting.

    ReplyDelete