Monday, October 18, 2010

Willow Street Home


We did it! We are officially homeowners! Jared and I purchased our first home Friday, October 15th! It was a long, stressfull process, but we did it! We got done with all of the closing stuff around 2:00 on Friday and then the painting began. We went to Wal Mart and bought all of our paint brushes and everything we needed to paint. With the help of friends and family (whom we can't thank enough!) we painted the ceilings in the living room and dining room, and the walls as well. The rest of the rooms can wait, but these were just horrible colors that I couldn't stand looking at!
Before
Before
After
After

This weekend was busy! I was so exhausted last night! Today is atually my birthday, but I told Jared it doesn't really feel like it because we were so busy with the house and stuff I haven't had time to think about my brithday as well! But anyways, I'm excited about our first home and I can't wait to go home and work on stuff little by little as the weekends come and go. I think our first home is suited for us very nicely. We have a few more things we decided we wanted to do to make it look better. We moved up counter tops to the top of our list along with another piece of furniture. We figured the counter tops won't be too expensive and we should buy them while we have extra money right now, same thing with the chair. The living room is pretty small, but we do need more seating than just the one couch we bought. Which by the way, is very comfortable! So we may go to Menards this coming weekend and look at some counter tops! We also want to stain the kitchen table a dark mahogony wood color to match the new end tables and T.V. stand. My parents got me some end tables for my birthday from Clarksons Furniture. They are so nice! I love them! We also can't wait to get our T.V. stand from Granny! Jackie (Jared's mom) got us a new microwave as well! Our birthdays fell at just the right time!


We are so thankful for our relationship together and our lives that we are starting together in our first home. We pray that God blesses our home and our family! Thanks for everyone who came over to share this special time with us this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment