Sunday, October 3, 2010

More house stuff-12 days!

As we get closer and closer to our closing date, I get more and more excited everyday! I can't believe it's less than 2 weeks now! YAY! I have a feeling that I'll be living there on the weekends, just not sleeping there. I know I'm going to want to be there all the time whether it's to clean, decorate, paint, or just hang out with Jared. So, I've decided to make one of the bedrooms, the one closest to the living room, into an office. I'm going to put some filing cabinets in there, a desk, and I think that would be a good place for Jared's gun cabinet as well, unless I can talk him into putting in in the basement with the rest of the man cave-ish stuff.
We are planning on painting on the day we close; so Friday October 15th, if you're free, stop on by and grab a paint brush! I'm SO excited about the colors I picked out. I showed them to Jared and he wasn't too excited, but he could live in it with the pink walls and not care, haha. Jen and I went to Sherwin Williams the other day and got some paint samples. I've decided to go with Lemon Verbena (which is a light green color) for the living room, and then the dining room, which is connecting, will be Aqua-Sphere (which is a light blue color). I still can't decide on the kitchen. I think I may want to either just do a neutral tan color, or continue the blue into the kitchen. I just can't decide. The hallways and spare bedrooms will all be painted Hazelnut Cream, so just a light tan color. Our bedroom is going to be that Hazelnut Cream and Orange Sienna (copper brown orange color). We may wait to pain the bedroom though, because I'm not letting Jared put our new bedding on the bed untill I move in in May. So his bedding will be just a red comforter and brown sheets for awhile. So the orange won't exactly go with that, which is why we may wait.

Other than that, I've been looking at tv stands, end tables, and dishes lately. I really hope I can get these dishes. I've changed my mind 3 times already, but this time I'm stickin to these. I just love the colors and pattern! I really like how the big plates are circle and the small ones are squares! Soooo cute! I added them on a wish list at pfaltzgraff.com


Here is the tv stand we want. We asked for it for our birthdays from Jared's grandma, so I'm excited about getting it for our house! We want to get matching end tables as well. They are just so dang expensive! We may have to wait on those.

No comments:

Post a Comment