Sunday, October 21, 2012

4 month appointment & jumperoo!

Hunter had his 4 month appointment on Oct. 17th. So he was a little over 4 months...almost 4 1/2. He did not weigh as much as I thought! He was 16pounds 7 ounces which was the 60th percentile for weight. He was very long though... 26 and 3/4 inch long which put him in the 90th percentile for height. His head he was right around 75th. I was very surprised she didn't give me the green light for cereal or even mention it! Little did she know we've been doing it for awhile now though. I don't know if I already said this or not, but another doctor we know told me he was perfectly fine to be on cereal and food already because he's not lacking in the weight department. He said they hesitate on babies who aren't at least in the 50th % for height and weight because they need more of the nutrients that come from milk and not so much the ones that come from food and cereal. So that made me feel better when we decided to try it.

Hunter had shots at this last appointment and I felt so bad! He was laying there giggling and then all of the sudden he screamed and cried. My poor baby didn't know what hit him! I have heard the 6 month shots are the worst! :( He ran a fever for 2 and a half days after his shots too. It got up to 100 which isn't too high, but high enough that I knew he wasn't himself. I'm glad he is back to normal though! I'm also glad we have a very happy baby! Phew, those few days of screaming were not him and it gave me chance to test my patience for sure!

A friend gave us their jumperoo! How nice of them!! HE LOVES IT! It is by far his favorite toy... which I figured as much since my nephews loved theirs as well. It pretty well takes up every bit of our living room too, haha. I'm glad we have a room right off of our living room that we can hide those big toys when they aren't being used or else we would look like a day care, haha.

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thats so funny about his weight!! I really didnt think he could have been 18 lbs when I talked to ya last!! But what a tall fella!!! Just like his dad. Brynlee was sick after her shots too!!! Our poor babies :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha ya that scale must have been a little off! What were her measurements?

    ReplyDelete