Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Baby Food Success

Making my own baby food was a success! So far, Hunter is enjoying it as well! I got out my new baby bullet and made sweet potatoes, apples, bananas, peas, green beans, and avocado. He had sweet potatoes for 4 days and he is now on to bananas for 4 days. So far, they are both a go! I am anxious to try something not so sweet and see if he still enjoys it as much. It was so worth the time it took to make baby food. I went to Aldi and bought a bag of the sweet potatoes, fresh green beans, frozen peas, 4 apples, 8 bananas, and 3 avocados for 8 bucks. If I would have gone to walmart, I could have bought 8 -2 packs of the gerber baby food containers which would get me through 16 days.  I filled up 6 ice cube trays, and all of the baby bullet containers that came with it. I still have 3 bananas, 3 apples, and 3 sweet potatoes too! So that is definitely 2 months worth of food for 8 bucks. AND its way better for him since it has no preservatives. If you think about it- that stuff can stay on the shelf, warm... for who knows how long?!? This food can last 3 days in the refrigerator, 1 month in the freezer, or 3 months in the deep freeze. SO, how do they make it have such a long shelf life at the store without being cold??? Hmmmm. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll still be buying a few of the stuff from the store for "on the go". Because who wants to ask a restaurant for a microwave to heat it up...?

 2 sweet potatoes makes a lot of baby food!

 Love Aldi and my box of produce!

 Love my baby bullet!
 
Yum Yum sweet taters

Right now, he is just getting baby food for dinner and it's followed by a 4 oz bottle instead of an 8 oz one.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - Congrats Girl! I am nowhere near having children, but I am always looking for a good baby shower gift. Looks like the Baby Bullet will be a must buy... Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks it's definitely a great gift! Fun too! :)

    ReplyDelete