Thursday, October 11, 2012

Giving it a try!

We decided to give the baby food a try! I did a little experiment to see if Hunter was maybe just hungry like I said and gave him extra cereal last night and what do ya know, he didnt make a peep and he slept till 9! So, since he's just such a big boy we decided we think he's ready for some food, yay! I have been researching what the best foods to start out are and I found a great website! nurturebaby.com says babies can have food starting at 4 months. They gave the best foods to start with because of least gassy/tummy issues. Looks like I'll be stopping at the store tonight to get some apples, pears, green beans, peas, bananas, and sweet potatoes! I'm making my own and so excited to try it! It also said to do peaches but I think I'll just buy those cause Jen said it wasn't worth buying them since they're expensive. So, we'll keep a stash of food on hand in jars to take places. Otherwise I get to check out my baby bullet tonight! The site gives good recipes and advice like try a food for 4 days to make sure there are no reactions. It also said if the child doesn't like it, try it again up to ten times because it can take that long to acquire taste!

Pictures to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment