Friday, October 26, 2012

Love

The love you have for your children is seriously crazy. Sometimes when I'm rocking Hunter at night or just snuggling with him while he's falling asleep in my arms I look at him and thank God for him. I usually start by thanking God for his happy giggly personality, his chill easy going attitude, and for the joy he brings to our family. The joy and love we have over Hunter is so overwhelming it often makes me cry. I get so emotional just thinking about it! It's crazy to think that just 5 months ago we weren't able to hold him yet, and a year ago we didn't even know we were pregnant yet! Time sure did go quickly! I'm already getting sad that he will be 6 months old in December. That is half way through his first year and that means he'll only be a baby for another half of a year!! Is it possible to have baby fever when you have a baby?? haha I think I just enjoy babies and kids so much I would be content in having one his age for the rest of my life! Don't get me wrong I can't wait for him to get older so we can see his personality, but being able to hold him in your arms and watch him sleep is something I'll never forget or ever take for granted. It's one of the sweetest moments I've ever had! Jared and I both love looking at him in awe of what God has created :)

I can't imagine a child being abandoned or ignored. It makes me so sad! I have a child in my class that craves attention so much; it's obvious he doesn't get it at home. He often asks for a hug or to hold my hand... so sweet. Those little kindergarteners are my babies too! I honestly wish I could adopt him. I hate that this little kid goes home to such a rough home life.. if the opportunity ever came available for me to adopt him I'd do it in a heart beat! Jared and I both have a heart for all the hurting children out there... it is on our heart to adopt someday when we are in a better state financially, God willing. I think it would be awesome to give another child a chance at life!

No comments:

Post a Comment