Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Baby Bedding!!!

FINALLY! The baby bedding has arrived! I ordered it back in December and I don't know why I thought it would be here within a week or so since it was hand sewn... but anyways I'm glad its here! I was just thinking today that I wanted to start ordering some of the furniture in case it took awhile too.
Now that the bedding is here we can go pick out paint! I can't wait to start... only 5 more months till this baby is here. I know that seems like awhile, but not when you're my husband! haha, It takes us forever to get any projects done because we're so busy and usually have some kinda plans on the weekend or he wants to "relax" he says. We have to paint, lay carpetm and put furniture together... which for us could take the whole 5 months. I would like to have it all complete by my shower so that I can just go add everything I get into place... I am wanting to have my shower in April since May is such a busy month for people. (I know thats why a lot of people couldn't come to our wedding is because it was in May, and they had graduations to go to.) If not April then maybe the first week of May wouldn't be so bad... just might have to have it on a Sunday since college grads are on Saturdays.

ANYWAYS... here is a pic of the bedding. It looks more boy-ish than I thought.... but I think I'll be able to do yellow and brown accents if its a girl and then blue or green accents if its a boy.

Bed skirt pattern close up

Close up picture of the crib blanket

here is the crib blanket and skirt together. So cute! Love the owls :)

I am wanting to get a big brown tree decal for the walls. Then I'll use my cricut to cut vinal owls out once baby is here so I know what colors to choose! I'm also going to add the baby's name above the crib... once again after baby is born. Since the owls have patterns on them I thought it would be cute to find scrap book paper and modge podge different patterns to the letters of his/her name. Thats only going to happen if I can find cute paper that matches though. So if you see any that looks like the patterns on the owls, grab me a piece or let me know where to find it!


1 comment:

  1. Yay for the bedding!! I know exactly what you mean how you want to get started like NOW. hhaha gosh its so hard to be patient. Cant wait to see whether its a boy or a girl :)

    ReplyDelete