Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Name Meanings

Ellie Grace Yager
I can't help but hope for a girl, one reason is just because I LOVE the name. I wanted a name that sounded like my maiden name since my dad had all girls and Nuelle won't be continued after him! When I heard Ellie I thought it was just the cutest name. I never really looked up the meanings of our names cause it's not a huge deal to me, but I have to say this is a pretty sweet name meaning for a baby girl!
Ellie- Exaulted, shining light - derived from Elaine. Ellie is ranked number 104 among top girl names
Grace- Grace of God- Grace is ranked number 17 among top girl names


Hunter Wayne Yager
Part of me also wants a sweet boy to love on! I had always wanted my first kid to be a boy because I always wanted a big brother to look out for me when I was little. So, either way we'll be happy! Jared picked every part of this name as you can tell! He loves to hunt, fish, frog gig... anything outside! Wayne is his middle name and his dad's middle name.
Hunter- One who hunts. Hunter is ranked number 56 overall in boy's names.
Wayne- Wagon maker/wagon driver. Wayne is ranked number 759 in top boy's names, haha!

Yager actually means "to hunt" in German. So if we have a boy- his name will be all about hunting! We of course just want a healthy baby! It sure is fun to guess though! I think only 2 people so far have guessed I'm having a girl..everyone else says boy! I go back and forth. At first I thought boy, then I thought girl, and now after hearing the heart beat I'm wondering again if its a boy. I know that the heart rate is just an old wive's tale though, so who knows!

1 comment: