Thursday, January 5, 2012

February Getaway...ahhhh

I booked a trip to Panama City Beach, Florida! I'm excited for a relaxing few days in Florida to go to a spa, do a little shopping, and sit on the beach even if its in shorts or jeans and a t-shirt it will be better then February weather in Illinois!! You might wonder why such a random trip in a little over a month!? Well last August Jared and his dad's family went to Texas to see his brother graduate. I bought a ticket for $321 and then got my teaching job which meant I couldn't go. Well, since the ticket was with Southwest, they are the only airline that lets you keep the money on the account to use another time! YAY! So, Linda had said she wanted to go to New York and we thought perfect, I already have a ticket! We had it all planned to go in June... good thing we didn't have all the arrangements made yet because not long after our New York thought I found out I was pregnant. I mentioned to my doctor that I was supposed to go, and she said no not happenin, haha. So, if I wanted to fly anywhere I'd have to do it before I enter my 3rd trimester. I looked at my school calendar and saw 2 long weekends, one in February and one in April. Well April won't work cause I'll be in my 3rd trimester already. So, looks like it was February or nothin for this girl! I told Linda my delima and she said okay lets go in February then! Only, who wants to walk around New York in the middle of Winter, not  me! So, I started lookin at my hotel deals that I get from the Hilton and found a sweet hotel only a mile from the beach for $29 a night! Woo Hoo for cheap vacation for me! So, we booked it last night. Even though it wasn't our intentions at all to go this early or even to go to Florida, I think it'll be a fun little get-away! We fly out Thursday evening and come back
Monday afternoon. It'll be a short trip, but fun!

I'll be sure to post pictures of the beach! (but don't count on any beach swimming pic's.. cause I will not be wearing a swim suit!)

No comments:

Post a Comment