Saturday, January 14, 2012

Hooded Towel

I made my first hooded towel for a friend. My sister helped me with the tutorial because it looked so confusing when it came to the folding... I ended up using a different one because i found a video tutorial that looked 10 times easier! You will need a hand towel, a bath towel, and a sewing machine! To spice it up you will want some patterned fabric or ribbon. Here is what I did!

1. Cut your hand towel in half.



2. Choose one of the pieces. Fold the top half down to meet the bottom half. Take a plate and match the sides up with the top of the towel. You will then draw around the curve and sew the top seam shut along the curve and down the raw side you have just cut.


3. Sewing


4. Here is a picture of the finished hood. Wasn't that easy! I jsut turned it right side out after I sewed it!


5. To sew the fabric of your choice on, make sure you flip the hood back inside out so you are sewing the fabric on the back side of the hood. Cut your fabric however thick you want and pin it to the hood. Sew together.


7. You can't see the fabric, because its on the back of the hood. But it's complete and now you just have to pin the hood to the center of the towel and sew. Make sure you sew on the inside, not the back. Also, to get your hood at the half-way point in your towel, fold the towel in half and put a pin there, then match up the center of the hood to the pin.


Here is the finished product! Super cute for any baby/kid! And much warmer than those dinky baby hooded towels! I think I'll make all my pregnant friends one, and hey one for me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment