Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sewing

I got a sewing machine for Christmas and I love it! I had been wanting one for awhile.. since I found out I was pregnant actually. I knew I wanted to make some burp cloths, bibs and blankets and such. My sister got into sewing baby stuff when she had Noah and it seemed pretty easy! So as soon as I got it I went and bought some fabric and started sewing! My sister showed me how to thread my bobbin and machine and she gave me a few pieces of fabric to get me started as well. So far I've made 4 burp cloths and 2 bibs. I would like to make more bibs but bigger ones. The ones I made were normal size until I sewed them. Then as soon as I sewed them, they of course got smaller. So I'll have to try again. Here are some pictures...
Here is the first one I made. I meant for the yellow to be on the back and the owl to be on the front.. but it got switched- oops! Oh well the terry cloth will be the most absorbant anyways.
So here it is finished, the back


Here is the front. I didn't do the velcro part yet on this one.

Here is the second one I made. I like the way this one closes on the side. I traced another bib for this pattern. I like this one, but again its smaller than I think I'll want. The back of this one is just gray flannel. I need to get some more fabric so all my stuff isn't the same!

Here are the burp cloths I did so far. The 2 on the end are the ones jen gave me to make. The gray dot one is some fabric I found at Angie's 9-Patch and the green one too. I like the green one the best because it's flannel on both sides and it just feels SO much softer! I want to make some recieving blankets out of the flannel too. There just aren't as many cute flannel designs as there are in cotton fabric.

Well thats all I've made so far! I need to perfect my straight lines some more. I think the gray one is my worst and the green my best, haha! I don't think baby will care though :)

1 comment:

  1. You've been sewing?!?! You didn't tell meeee!! Looking good!!

    ReplyDelete