Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Baby Lately

Tomorrow we have another appointment for baby Y. I'm 15 wks and 3 days pregnant. I'm sure tomorrow's appointment won't be anything too exciting since we don't get a sonogram or anything, but I bet we will get to hear the heart beat and that always makes me smile! I don't know why but going 4-5 weeks without hearing it makes me kinda nervous! I think its because I hadn't felt baby move or anything yet....until TODAY! Before today and I wasn't sure if I had felt the baby move yet, people said it feels like butterflies, and sometimes indegestion. Well today I was teaching and my lower stomach felt funny! It didn't feel like what I thought I was feeling a week or so ago. It felt totally different and I'm 99% sure it was the baby! I kinda stopped teaching and just looked at my stomach while touching it. My kids looked at me like whats going on! I said I think the baby just moved and they all giggled :) I only felt it twice today. I'm not sure how often I'll be feeling it, if thats normal or not, but I was excited! I signed up for daily emails from parents.com right when I found out I was pregnant and they send me updates on my what my baby is developing each day. I usually can't wait to check my email just to see what is new! A few days ago the newsletter said I might be able to feel baby move ...between now and 18 weeks for the first time is average. Yay!

                                                       Weight Gain
As far as weight gain the newsletter and other sights I've seen have said 5lb weight gain is expected for being at 15 weeks. So far, I'm down 6 pounds from when I got pregnant! I was excited about that! I am hoping for no more than a 40 pound weight gain overall. So far, I think I'm doing good. I think the main reason I've lost weight isn't because I've been eating super healthy, its because I've been trying to drink LOTS of water. I'm not a water drinker and I'm makin myself fill my 24oz cup up 3 times at work. I've done it for a week and a half now!




Cravings
In the very beginning I wanted nothing more than taco salads from Puerto Villarta! I had Jared get me a few and bring them home, and even had his mom get me one one night.... little did she know why I wanted one so bad! The taco salads went away and I craved milk a lot, baked potatoes (NOT a good thing to crave..usually =weight gain!), and I also wanted pizza rolls quite frequently. Jared made fun of me because we went through 2 bags of 40 pizza rolls in no time, so I then bought the box of 120! Some of those cravings are still hangin around and come every now and then but for some reason today all I could think about was tomatoes with ranch, haha. I think if you put a veggie tray in front of me, I would eat the whole thing! I've gone through a whole bag and a half of lettuce in 24 hours! Some people say when you crave salty/healty food it means you are having a boy... who knows! I just hope the healthy cravings stick around because they are much better than pizza rolls and baked potatoes.

This week, the baby is as big as an


No comments:

Post a Comment