Monday, May 7, 2012

Kindergarten Surprise!

My little kindergarteners kept a good secret from me! Once again, some teachers at Windsor threw me a shower, but this time it was for my class and the other kindergarten class to attend! The kids were so excited! When the teachers had that shower for me, the kids were all dissapointed that they didn't get to come, so they decided to have one of their own. I loved it! I really had no idea what was going on! I think my favorite part of the shower was the binder of "advice" they gave me. Each kindergartener filled out a cute fill in the blank page about baby Yager. They guessed the sex, name, weight, length, first word, and more. It will be such a neat keepsake to go back and read with our little one someday. We had several name guesses... Hannah, Annabella, Ben, George, Bob, Dakota (this kid put his own name down, ha), and several Hunter's and Ellie's since my class already knew those were our names we picked out. I think the funniest part was their weight guesses because kids really have no idea about weight, age, length... stuff like that. Several kids guessed normal weights such as 6-10 pounds... but LOTS of kids guessed weights anywhere from 1 pound to 100 pounds, haha! The same goes for length... some put 1 inch and others put 100 inches, too cute!

The kids even brought in gifts! I was shocked and once again feeling blessed! One little girl knew our nursery was done in owls so she made an owl out of construction paper, felt, googly eyes, and feathers and glued it inside a frame. Other gifts I got were things like bath supplies (LOTS), paci's, books, bottles, sippy cup, snack cup, diapers, lots of wipes, Q-tips, toys, and even clothes! I am really going to miss this group of kids! I have gotten so close to them and the teachers this year. They have definetly made this year one I won't forget!! Love them!

I'll post pictures as soon as I get them uploaded! :)

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute :)
    I can't believe it's almost time to meet Baby Yager... I feel like I just found out you were pregnant last week.

    ReplyDelete