Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Paci Pod

Well I decided I wanted to waste some time sewing today since I have nothing else to do! So I was looking for some baby stuff online and came across a paci pod.. which is just an easily accesable pocket on the outside of a diaper bag to keep pacis in for a quick find. So, I found a tutorial and printed out the stencil pieces. I used all of these except the small green strip (not sure what that was for, but turned out fine without it)

outer fabric is polka dots, inner lining fabric is green

step 1: pin long piece (print sides together) to the big pocket piece and sew


 step 2: sew other pocket piece  on top
Step 3: follow the same steps with the inside fabric (I chose a solid color, green)


 step 4: sew the small pieces together, leaving the top open
step 5: sew the long strip together for the strap. You are supposed to sew wrong sides together and flip inside out, but I couldnt flip it, it was too skinny! So I cut another one and just sewed the edges of the right sides together

step 6:pin the pocket flap and the strap pieces on the outside fabric


 step 7: slide on the inner fabric pocket around the dot fabric pocket and sew all the way around, leaving about an inch so you can turn it inside out

step 8: turn it insdie out!

Here it is finished! I just added velcro to the strap piece and to the flap so it can close



No comments:

Post a Comment