Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Some new toys

So after my post about my shower, you can see that we were totally blessed by a bounty of gifts! However, there were still some "big" things that we didn't get and were wanting to have for baby. A swing was a big one! I had originally registered for a portable swing, since we don't have a lot of room in our house I figured this would be the best route to go. BUT when it came time to order one, I was shopping around, mostly looking at reviews and there was no portable swing that had amazing reviews because they all said "be prepaired to buy a lot of batteries!" For those of you who don't know a portable is about half the size as a regular one and it only sits a few inches from the ground instead of a foot or two. So, I decided they need to make a portable swing that can take batteries OR get plugged in! That would be ideal! Anyways, I didn't wanna mess with buying tons of batteries for our swing so I decided to look at the bigger ones. I found this one swing that had 4.5 stars and it had 8000 reviews! So I began reading about it and decided I wanted it, haha. The only complaint was that it is large, which duh I can tell that from looking at the picture! The pros to this swing were endless though! The main attraction is the "light show". The swing comes with a sheer canopy that you can put around the seat- Jared's response to this was "is that a bug net?", haha. No, the purpose of the canopy is to provide a "screen" for the lights! The mobile spins around has lights on it that shine around the canopy creating a cute little light show! It really is pretty cool! You can choose to turn the lights on or off, take the canopy on or off, and you can have the mobile spin or not. So, lots of options, lots of song choices, and people said the lights kept their newborn happy for hours.

Here is the swing:



I was watching my new dvd called "Happiest Baby on the Block" and the Dr. on that dvd reccomends a swing to get your newborn to sleep in for the first few weeks if you are desperate. He said the rocking motion replicates the motion of the womb and it usually works when in desperate measures! I can't wait to try his techniques, I've heard they make a world of difference!

I was also in need of a high chair, walker, changing pad mattress for the changing table, and head support for the car seat. Here is the high chair all put together! We won't need it for a few months but I didn't want it sitting in the basement with the bugs, so its already in our dining room ready for baby!

 I know I didn't NEED this but I also really wanted the rock and play sleeper to use as our bassinet so I bought that as well. Along with another car seat base so I don't have to mess with buckeling around the car seat in one of our cars. That way we can let whoever watches the baby borrow one for their car too if needed... so anyways I knew that all of this stuff was adding up quickly! So I looked on the facebook group "effingham garage sale" and found a walker in perfect condition! I scored this nice walker for 15 bucks! The lady said she used it once and then it sat in their basement for a year. It was covered with a sheet while in their basement so it literally has no ware on it at all! I was excited for this find! It folds up to be pretty comact too! It has lights and songs that play, and 3 different height positions.

Check out my great find!


Oh and here is the rock and play sleeper... which will be used as our bassinet. I like that it folds up so nicely since our room is very small! I like that we can easily drag it around the house with  us too...or to grandma's house!



No comments:

Post a Comment