Sunday, September 5, 2010

House Hunting!

Jared and I were both really wanting to buy a home instead of renting one. We both know that buying is more expensive, but we also would rather have our money be going towards something rather than nothing... So, about a month ago we began house hunting! Well actually I should say I began searching online as soon as we got engaged. Since then, I think I've known where every house in the area for sale by realitor was located, how much they were asking, how many bedrooms, and basically everything about all the homes if they were in our price range. Well we decided to work with a realitor who we both know and trust. So, about a month ago we showed him which houses we were interested in. He took us out and showed them to us.
Here is a little wrap up of what we were looking for:
2 bathroom,
3 bedroom,
basement,
garage,
somewhat private,
and some land.

The first couple houses we looked at were very discouraging. Since we don't have a very high budget, I knew that it was not likely we would get our "wish list" in a home. The first couple houses were just crackerboxes, and none of them had basements :(

Then, we thought we found THE ONE! It seemed so perfect to us. It needed a lot of work on the inside though, it hadn't been updated since the 70's, when it was built. It was in Funkhouser and that was one of the only things I was worried about. I wasn't sure that in ten years we would be able to re-sell it due to it's location. It had everything else on our wish list, except a basement.
Below is a picture of the Funkhouser home.

So, after looking at this house a couple times, and bringing out Jen and Matt to look at it, we decided we wanted to bid on it. We bid a week ago from last Saturday and we heard back Monday. I was so anxious to hear back from the realitor, only to find out that someone else had already bid and was under contract with the house. I was SO upset. I just didn't see ANYTHING else on the market that I was even remotely interested in looking at. I got an email from our realitor the next day asking us to consider going out and looking again. I was pretty bitter and really didn't even want to go look anymore. But I was trying to be positive and trust that there was something else that was for us!


No comments:

Post a Comment