Sunday, September 5, 2010

Our first home!

We decided to go out and look a second time despite how upset we were about the other home. We came across a house which was much closer to town than the Funkhouser home, but still sat on an acre of land. It is a little bit smaller than the other house, but it has a basement!! I am SO excited it has a basement. It makes me like this house ten times more than the other one! We looked at it last Sunday and fell in love with its cute charm! The house was built in 1940, so it is very old but has a lot of character! The wood work is so cute, it's very large baseboards and big old wood trim make it seem so homey. The home has it's original hardwood floors, but they have been re-finished and look brand new. We bid on the house and had a little bit of a bidding war with the owner. We didn't really get too much knocked off of it's original listing price, but that's okay! We are in love with it!

I've only gotten to see it once because I was up at school the second time our Realtor showed it. But, I had Jen take some pictures for me since I didn't have my camera the first time we went. Below are pictures of our soon to be "first home." Our closing date is October 15. So, only 40 more days and Jared and I will hopefully be first time home owners!

Side view of the house, minus the garage.

-Kitchen. It needs a good paint job!

-dining room. Here you can see the trim!

living room. The Pink/Mauve walls & ceiling have got to go! I can't get over how they painted the ceilings as well! Yuck!

The bathroom is very modern. I love it! Can't wait to get my new shower curtain for it!


I forgot to say that this house had everything on our wish list except for 2 bathrooms. But, since it has a basement, we want to eventually finish it and put a bedroom and bathroom down there. October 15 cant come soon enough!

1 comment:

  1. Those floors look great! And you're right--the pink/mauve needs to go. LOL

    ReplyDelete