Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Proposal

Jared and I got engaged in February, 2010. We had talked about wanting to get married sometime after I graduated from Eastern, which would be in May of 2011. However, I wasn't getting my hopes up for a proposal anytime soon! But, he suprised me, and the proposal was picture perfect :)

Okay, here is the story...
I was at work on a Saturday night and Jared was at "180", or so I thought. I had told him earlier that week that I thought we should do "something fun" that weekend. So, he said one night during the weekend we would go on a date. So, I switched with a girl at work so that I could get off earlier and we could go out for dinner. When I got off work I was prepared to go out to eat on the same side of town as the Hilton, so I just brought a change of clothes with me. I was texting Jared telling him I was off work and waiting for him to reply to tell me where he was taking me. He wasn't texting me back so after I got ready I decided to just go wait in my car. Well, I then realized why he wasn't texting me back! I got to my car and there was a note in the front seat that said "SOMETHING FUN!" on it. I was so excited and thought, "wow he actually planned something, how fun!" So I read the card and it preceeded to tell me a bunch of sweet things. He told me one reason why he loved me and said that I would have to find the other cards to find out more reasons why he loved me. The next card was in my glovebox, and it again stated one more reason why he loved me. Then that card told me to go to my mailbox, so I drove alllllll the way out to my house and found another card in the mailbox. This card had a bag of Hershey's kisses with it, and told me yet another reason why I was loved. The next clue led to my oven inside.... Now at this time I was starting to know that something might be up. He wasn't texting me back, and I kinda figured that we weren't really going out to eat anymore since he had me drive out to my house. So when the next card said to go to the oven, I thought maybe just maybe he had made us a romantic dinner. So, I opened the oven, to find no food, but yet another card. Eventually I made it to the last card which was up in my bedroom. This time the card was a halmark card and it talked about how he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. At this moment, I was starting to get excited/nervous! I turned around to find Jared on his knees in the hallway. We had our "moment" and of course when he asked, I said YES!

So, we set the date for May 14, 2011 at 3:00 in the afternoon! I can't wait to be Mrs. Yager!

No comments:

Post a Comment